1. What personal information we collect and use.
Personal information may be required to be provided by you from time to time when creating user accounts by either potential clients or lawyers using the website.
This may include:
- full names;
- your or relevant other’s date of birth;
- job titles / descriptions;
- other information including addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers or similar other information;
- demographic information;
- other information relevant to various areas of the webwebsite which you may elect to use;
- information regarding enquiries you have made;
- information about your legal needs;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- citizenship status of you or relevant persons to your legal matter;
- communication between us;
- credit card information;
- other information relevant to client interviews and/or promotions; and / or
- any other information requested on this website or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
2. Other non-personally identifiable information
For each visitor to the website, we may collect the following non-personally identifiable information:
- pages viewed by you and others while browsing the website;
- page access times and referring website address; and / or
- browser and operating systems.
This information is used solely by The Law App for the purpose of ascertaining visitor traffic, trends of users and providing content to users while you are visiting the website to improve our service to users.
3. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person when you access our website and when we provide our services to you.
4. Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information to provide The Law App service to you and to provide you with information from us and our partners. We may use your personal information to better understand customer needs, improve our website and improve our service. We may use your personal information to respond to queries about our service and documents requests. We also use your personal information for marketing purposes, to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
5. Why we collect your personal information
At The Law App our mission is to provide a comprehensive online marketplace to allow potential client and lawyers to engage in business as easily and cost effectively as possible. The Law App provides certain relevant personal information provided by you to your potential lawyer (and chosen lawyer once this stage is achieved) so that they are able to assess your legal situation and provide you with an estimated quote to undertake the necessary work to address your legal problem.
6. Disclosure of personal information
We may share your information with other users or potential users of The Law App website such as:
- organisations / companies;
- legal specialists;
- Agents; and
- contractors and subcontractors
in The Law App network that may assist us to provide information, products and services to you.
Such organisations and / or individuals above will receive only the information we believe they need to help deliver The Law App services.
By using The Law App website you consent to the disclosure of your information to The Law App network. We may also disclose information when it is required by law. We may disclose information to parties located outside of Australia but only in the interests of providing the users of the website with improved services.
7. How long does The Law App keep your personal information
The Law App will hold your personal information whilst you remain a user of the website and may be required to hold your personal information for a significant period after such time. At such time you are no longer a user of the website and / or elect that your personal information be removed from the website, or The Law App no longer needs your information we will endeavour to remove any identifying information in our possession or control.
8. Security of your personal information
9. Third party websites
The Law App website has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the activities of these websites or the consequences of you using the services of such websites.
10. Your right to access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like to do so, please contact us and submit an enquiry regarding your personal information. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information you request.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and / or providing personal information, to you on a per request basis. We reserve such rights as set out under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.).
Should you believe that any information provided by you or held by The Law App is incorrect, out of date or incomplete contact us and we will endeavour to amend such information (if appropriate to do so) as soon as possible.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practises, we invite you to forward details of your complaints to The Law App User Complaints Department, P.O. Box 842 Kenmore QLD 4069 or use our email contact information contained in our “contact us” page. We take user complaints seriously and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible after receiving written notice of your complaint.